What is Chiropractic
A central premise of chiropractic is that vertebral misalignments or malfunctions occur in the spine and can produce interferences in the function of the nerve system which have remarkable and far-reaching effects by impairing the individual’s health and performance. These misalignments are referred to in chiropractic as subluxations, and are corrected with spinal adjustments administered by Doctors of Chiropractic.
An adjustment is a highly skilled and precise movement usually applied by hand to a joint of the body. Adjustment is safe and painless and it loosens the joint to restore proper movement and optimize function.
When a joint is adjusted, a gas bubble escapes causing the popping noise you may have heard about
What our Chiropractor treat?
There are many reasons to seek chiropractic care:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Strains and sprains
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Work and sports injuries
- Limited range of motion in the back, shoulder, neck or limbs
HOW WE DO IT
- Direct thrust technique. This technique, also referred to as spinal manipulation, focuses on the spine and is perhaps the most well-known chiropractic adjustment.
- Spinal mobilization.
- Myofascial release.
- Muscle energy technique.
- Indirect positional technique.
- Cervical spine manipulation.
- Functional technique.
what are benefits of chiropractic treatment
- It helps bring about natural recovery.
- It reduces children’s ear infections.
- It can boost your immunity.
- It can reduce digestive problems.
- You improve your sleep.
- It can reduce your blood pressure.
- It can improve your balance.
The initial chiropractic assessment consists of a thorough health history and focused physical examination that helps the Chiropractor identify factors influencing a patient’s health. The Chiropractor will then review therapies that may be used in the treatment plan. Patients may ask their chiropractor any questions they have. This treatment is also performed on the first visit, unless further diagnostic tests are needed.