What is spine physiotherapy
Spinal physiotherapy is a sub-specialty discipline of musculoskeletal physiotherapy and uses any available physical intervention such as manual therapy, specific or general exercise (to name a few) to provide clinically justified, evidence-based and sustainable solutions for movement or posturally-mediated spinal problems.
Spine Care at Acme
The physiotherapy profession is diverse and caters for many areas of specialty. The spine physiotherapy service at Acme Physiotherapy is a specialist physiotherapy service dedicated to the management of spine disorders. Integration with neurosurgery and spine surgery, pain medicine, occupational and general spinal medicine provides a coordinated approach to spinal care that delivers improved outcomes.
What our spine physiotherapist treat?
Spine Injuries treated at the Acme Physiotherapy include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Disc herniation and bulging
- Slip disc
- Cervical and lumbar spondylosis
- Lumbar canal stenosis
- Radilular pain to hand and legs
- Spinal post operative muscular weakness and stiffness
- Tingling and numbness in hands and legs and lot more.
HOW WE DO IT
There is a range of different ways to experience neck and back pain, and none of them are comfortable. Our spinal physical therapists understand this, and will develop a rehabilitation program specially designed to meet your individual needs.
Here are some of the treatment methods we typically use to get our patients standing upright again.
- Pain Modulation Techniques
- Manual Therapy
- Joint Mobilization
- Manual Muscle Stretching
- Manual Traction
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Exercise Therapy
- Self-Management Techniques
- Heat/Cold Therapy
what are benefits of spine physiotherapy
Spinal mobilisation or spinal manipulation may help to restore the spine’s mechanics , reduce pain and trigger the body’s natural healing process.
Some studies show that spinal manual therapy may:
- Help relieve acute lower back pain (pain going on for up to four weeks)
- Help relieve chronic lower back pain (chronic means pain that’s been going on for over 12 weeks)
- Help treat neck pain.